10 Sep Bleeding gums
Bleeding gums indicate a problem, brushing too vigorously, injury, pregnancy, and inflammation can contribute to bleeding gums. The following 10 on the list can help in reducing gum bleeding.
- Rinsing your mouth with a mixture of warm salt water may also reduce bacteria and stop gum bleeding.
- Drinking green tea on a daily basis may also reverse periodontal disease and stop bleeding gums.
- Eating fewer carbs, research has found that reducing your carbohydrate intake may also improve gum health and prevent gum disease.
- Applying cold compress, a cold compress applied to the gum line can reduce swelling and restrict blood flow to stop bleeding.
- Increasing intake of vitamin K, taking a vitamin K supplement may also alleviate bleeding gums. Vitamin K is an important nutrient because it helps your blood clot.
- Increasing intake of vitamin C, eating foods rich in vitamin C can strengthen your immune system and help fight off the gum infections that cause bleeding gums.
- Reduce stress level.
- Stop smoking, in addition to heightening the risk of lung cancer, heart disease, and stroke, smoking is linked to gum disease.
- Rinse your mouth with hydrogen peroxide.
- Practice good oral hygiene